Thursday 13 June 2013

The Fashion Manifesto: The Style-Smart Handbook


I wrote about Swedish fashion journalist Sofia Hedström's book Fashion Manifesto on my other blog (in Swedish) but as the subject is very close to my refashion ideas I thought I'd mention it here as well.

It is very interesting and inspiring reading by a fashion journalist who gets tired of the clothes industry and the shopping frenzy and therefor decides to quit shopping for a year. The book contains interesting glimpses of the clothes industry, how the big chains make us come back to their shops every week because if we don't we think we miss out on something, short facts about chemicals, etc. but if you want more detailed information you have to search elsewhere. The book is a very good eye-opener though.

The concept of the book is not very applicable to my own life. I find myself to be a fairly conscious consumer already and I don't think I have a big shopping issue, and if I did, I would not have any problem to stop shopping for clothes if I already had 71 dresses in my closet!

Personally I think that the second part of the book which includes ideas on how to make refashion clothes is ... to simple and simply not consistent stylistically with the person I read about earlier in the book and there are no ideas which I found very useful (but a couple which I found rather unusful - but that probably just mean I'm too old!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very happy for any comment. Of course yo can leave your comment in Swedish if you prefer, or in Italian for that matter :)