Wednesday 8 May 2013

Beauty bag

This cute little beauty bag I just made with guidance of The Plaid Scottie's Box Pouch Tutorial. It's a pretty simple and straight forward project which took about 2-3 hours to complete. The big challenge for me turned out to be to translate inches into cm :)


As I turned the finished bag the right way around, one of the zip pulls fell out... If I make more bags I have to make sure it's properly fastened. I made the zip pull in the same material as the lining, but I think I could have made it a bit shorter.


Using the same measurements as The Plaid Scottie, my final product measures 11 x 15 x 8 cm. I'm not sure what to use the bag for but my makeup remover pads fit in pretty well!



Apart from my zip pull issues I'm happy with the result. It certainly looks a lot more complicated to make than it is. I love the way the zip is put in without leaving any bulky edges anywhere. 

The fabric comes from a two sided baby bed set used by my oldest child. I just grabbed anything I had lying around to try out the pattern. I kind of regret not to have chosen the lining for the outside instead, I really like the pretty small checked pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very happy for any comment. Of course yo can leave your comment in Swedish if you prefer, or in Italian for that matter :)