Friday 17 May 2013

Spot the difference


I bought Sew! by Cath Kidston two years ago in hope that I'd get some inspiration. At that point I didn't. But all material for the bag on the cover is included in the book and now I finally decided it was time to make it.

At first I didn't want to give Cath Kidston the honor of my bag and stick her label on, but the more I realised that this bag is not really my style, the better I found the idea to use the label. So if someone asks me I can avoid admitting that I made it! (well, that I put it together anyway)

There was no lining included so I lined it myself with some scrap bits of fabric. I think lining is essential in this bag if it's ever going to be used. In a way it's kind of pretty, so maybe it'll get some use in the summer.

It's been good to practice some techniques, like making buttonholes and to find out that I can still handle them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very happy for any comment. Of course yo can leave your comment in Swedish if you prefer, or in Italian for that matter :)