Friday 10 May 2013

My best friend

My sewing machine is an old Husqvarna sewing machine which I bought for one of my first salaries from a sommer job in the late 80-ies, while all my friends used their money to go on charter trips. It has been through a lot and unfortunately the stitching isn't the best any longer (I have recollect that I used to be pretty hard on it back in the days). I don't seem to be able to adjust the thread tension very well which gives me bad results every so often.



If my project to become more creative and bring back my passion for sewing succeeds, a new sewing machine is on the top of my wish list! No matter what happens I'll probably keep my Husqvarna for many more years for nostalgic reason :)


The cover for my Husqvarna I started making about 15 years ago. I've had the quilted front piece lying in a box for all that time until I, this past winter, finally decided to finish the cover. And I did it in the simplest fashion possible. I skipped the quilting and just sew together big pieces of matching fabrics. There's a hole for the handle up top and it has a lining, so it is reversible, but the back side has no details so I prefer to have "the right" side out which apart from the quilt has a few handy pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very happy for any comment. Of course yo can leave your comment in Swedish if you prefer, or in Italian for that matter :)